Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for its Health Area of Practice (AOP). This position is responsible for partnering with the VP Human Resources and business unit leaders to optimize HR practices within the business to achieve short and long-range results. The HRBP will contribute to developing portfolio-wide programs and practices involving HR operations, learning & development and more. The HRBP will be accountable for implementing these programs and practices within the Health AOP, as well as partnering with the HRBP team and corporate HR staff to develop and implement company-wide programs. Additionally, the HRBP will provide leadership and direction on M & A projects and integration within the Health AOP, and will work closely with the recruiting team to ensure critical openings are filled. This position will work collaboratively and cross functionally across multiple levels. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic professional with a can-do attitude, who has a proven track record of successfully working in a portfolio/multi-unit environment to drive and deliver impactful HR/OD initiatives.
- Partner with our business leaders to design, support, and implement organizational development plans and interventions which support business unit goals and objectives; develop solid relationships with those leaders.
- Manage, develop and mentor HR Generalists situated within some of the health business units in a way that allows them to be effective in a high performance culture.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations matters, and facilitate or conduct effective termination processes when needed.
- Create conditions for people, from front line staff to HR Generalists and beyond, to grow & develop through the work that needs to be done.
- Cultivate an HR and business unit environment that delivers value added service to management and employees, increasing employee productivity and retention.
- Identify key priorities and processes necessary to advance both long-term HR Department & business initiatives and day-to-day HR matters.
- Identify and track key decisions requiring proactive HR Leadership and business alignment and input.
- Partner with management to communicate and implement various HR policies, procedures, standards and government laws/regulations.
- Develop change management strategies and plans to assist leadership and organizational change.
- Contribute to the development and lead implementation of HR projects, particularly those focused on optimizing the Employee Lifecycle within each business unit.
- Develop measures to define progress and success and establish key performance indicators on HR initiatives.
-Participate in the development and implementation of strategic HR, learning and OD initiatives, such as career development, performance and talent management, employee engagement, communications, and training and development.
Skills and Experience Required:
-7+ years of professional HR experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly growing and multi-state business environment.
-Experience developing and implementing HR and Learning & Development programs that address business needs.
-Strong leadership skills with demonstrated track record of HR ownership and consistent delivery on commitments.
-Solid sense of accountability, sound personal judgment, and maturity.
-Superb interpersonal, influencing and oral and written communication skills.
-Strong analytical skills and good reasoning abilities/common sense, combined with creativity and flexibility to adjust to and effectively address rapidly changing business needs.
-Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and non-routine information in a professional manner.
-Strong project management, planning, and organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
-Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels.
-Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required. HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP/SCP) a plus.
Experience developing and implementing Learning & Development initiatives aligned to the business needs of a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.