Supervisor of Accounting
Los Angeles based, Internet Brands is currently seeking an Accounting Supervisor. This position will manage the activities of the accounting department staff and will assist with the completeness and accuracy of the General Ledger transactions.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Prepare and review trial balances and preliminary financial reports.
- Reconcile monthly reports, including bank statements, and GL accounts.
- Ensure payroll is processed in a timely manner, coordinating work with Payroll clerk.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and up to date Chart of Accounts, and master data integrity within the GL and Financial Reporting systems.
- Supervise up to two Accountants focusing on mentorship, reviewing their work product, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- BS degree in accounting, finance, or economics. CPA preferred.
- 4-6 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter who can work with limited direction while taking full ownership of the areas of responsibility and provide solutions and alternatives.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.