Case Manager - Divorce Mediation
Nolo is one of the nation’s preeminent providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software, including the renowned Quicken WillMaker. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like Divorcenet.com and 3StepDivorce.com.
- Help customers understand their divorce options and answer process questions.
- Assist with scheduling intro calls and mediation sessions between customers and mediators.
- Work with customers and mediators to ensure all proper documentation is gathered to facilitate the mediation process
- Distribute and explain approved legal materials to customers
- Prepare customers’ legal divorce documents under the direction of the customers
- File the customers’ divorce legal documents in the appropriate courts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Deep understanding of divorce filing processes in CA courts
- Organized: able to prioritize multiple, sometimes competing tasks
- Patient: Can work effectively in sensitive and high-stress situations
- Team player: excited about contributing to and growing Nolo’s new Divorce Mediation product offering.
- 2+ years as a Legal Document Assistant in California (focus on divorce preferred)
- Active member of CALDA (California Association of Legal Document Assistants)
- Familiarity with Mac and Windows Operating System
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.