Senior Linux Admin
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Senior Linux Admin to manage our Linux virtual private cloud. The ideal candidate will maximize uptime with minimum effort and will thrive in a dynamic environment. Additionally, the right person will be able to investigate and resolve system related issues expediently; ensure that systems remain stable, secure and fast; and integrate and leverage new technologies.
As a Linux Admin you will join the team responsible for all Linux systems used in production, staging, and development environments. You will be supporting a 24x7 network of websites which attracts over 100 million unique visitors each month.
- Setup, configuration, general maintenance and troubleshooting of all Linux systems.
- Administration of server, network and storage hardware.
- Management of operating systems and system applications.
- Assisting DBAs, Developers and QA users, with application operation, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more systems such as Monitoring, Configuration Management, Load Balancing, Network and Application Security, Storage Management, Infrastructure Automation, Application/Language Support, and/or Site Migrations.
- Respond to service outages.
- Manage internal systems such as DNS.
- Performance tuning of applications such as Apache, Tomcat, nginx, and varnish.
- Experience with highly available, on-prem Linux environments.
- Familiarity with management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- At least 3 years of on-the-job experience with RedHat/CentOS Linux.
- Knowledge of managing and configuring storage systems, ideally NetApp.
- Ability to lift and install Server, Storage, and Network Hardware into racks.
- Basic familiarity with at least one monitoring platform, preferably nagios.
- Familiarity with at least one Linux virtualization stack, preferably KVM.
- Experience with load balancing hardware, preferably F5.
- Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS, eg MySQL, Postgres, etc..
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- BS or equivalent work experience.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.