Mid PHP Developer
Internet Brands, Inc. is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce websites in the automotive, careers, home, money and business, shopping, and travel and leisure categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, Internet Brands operates a rapidly growing network of websites that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities and make informed purchasing decisions. Internet Brands' sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards.
Education: B.E. Computer Science/IT degree
Experience: 5+ years
Work timings: 2 PM to 11 PM
- 3+ years’ experience with object-oriented programming in PHP.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries and database schema design.
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Laravel, Yii).
- Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Redis, ActiveMQ, Solr).
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- Experience with consuming and creating web services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, estimate, and code new features.
- Architect new applications and expand existing ones.
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
- Investigate and fix production issues.
- Participate in software design discussions, sprint planning and other project management meetings.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality and ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.