Sr. Director of Sales
Pleasanton-based, Martindale-Nolo, a division of Internet Brands, is seeking an experienced Sr. Director of Sales to lead our sales organization and be a key contributor to overall company strategy. As the Sr Director of Sales, you will be responsible for enhancing the sales team, structure, processes and measurements to help drive rapid sales growth; develop strategic initiatives for targeted markets and help drive the direction to achieve long term success as Martindale-Nolo continues to grow. You have the vision to evaluate existing situations and create new approaches.
This is a great opportunity for a proven inspirational sales leader who will guide our inside sales team to success in this market. We are looking for someone who enjoys driving the sales funnel, analytics, results, and is a motivational leader.
What you’ll do:
- Coach, mentor, and instill leadership and management best practices with your first line sales manager team
- Manage a high-growth sales organization and increase the reach of our customer footprint (driving our aggressive growth in this market)
- Work with Sales Trainer to refine the sales training program
- Works with leadership and finance to develop and deploy compensation plans that drive the right behaviors and incent strong sales performance
- Works with leadership and recruitment to help drive talent acquisition and internal retention
- Partner with the marketing team to optimize the inbound lead flow and direct leads to the appropriate sales teams and/or reps.
- Collaborate with peers in Marketing, Product, and Editorial to understand and implement programs that increase sales pipeline, improve the effectiveness and productivity of your team, and differentiate our solutions.
- Provide regular, data-based updates to executive partners regarding progress against quota attainment, team performance, and any challenges or roadblocks that you encounter along the way.
- Provide strategic guidance and insight about market trends, customer attitudes, and effectiveness of sales strategies.
- Set sales strategies and programs to achieve revenue goals inclusive of determining the indicators by which success will be measured.
- Establish the sales metrics and key performance indicators that drive our monthly business.
- Continually refine the sales process – look for areas of improvement and best practices
- Help to build a strong culture of achievement and success.
- 10+ years' sales leadership experience at the executive level in a marketing or technology company, leading a large (40+) organization of Inside Sales Representatives.
- Domain expertise in the professional services market.
- People management skills and a desire to set the tone and culture of our growing sales team.
- Experience building a go-to-market strategy and sales plan, establishing a new sales motion and building a culture of operational excellence.
- Experience using a CRM to manage the business, including team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Has a quantitative and metrics-based mindset and experience with data compilation and analysis.
- Independent, self-starter who thrives on immersion in a rapidly changing environment and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with attention to detail.
- Motivational leader and metrics-driven decision-maker who knows the sales funnel intimately.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
With over 15 million visitors a month, Pleasanton based Martindale-Nolo Legal Marketing Network is the largest legal network online. Consumers visit our sites to get free and trusted legal information verified by our staff of editors. Our SEO experts make sure that we rank in top position with search engines for a variety of keywords related to practice areas and topics we know consumers are searching for. Of the 15 million visitors, over 400,000 request legal help, and we deliver these inquiries to our clients — qualified attorneys ready to help. Check out our website to learn more:https://www.martindale.com/marketyourfirm/lead-generation
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.