VP, Inside Sales
Pleasanton-based Martindale-Nolo, a division of Internet Brands is looking for a VP, Inside Sales to help drive our aggressive growth in this market. The VP will be responsible for growing the sales team and optimizing the sales processes and compensation plans to enable us to achieve our business goals. We are looking for a proven, inspirational sales leader who will guide our inside sales team to success in this market and who will also be a key contributor to overall company strategy. The right candidate is an excellent communicator who lives and breathes sales funnel, analytics, results, motivation, and leadership.
- Manage a high-growth organization and set sales strategies and programs to achieve revenue goals inclusive of determining the indicators by which success will be measured.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the Inside Sales team, including mentoring and development to achieve quota attainment and promote professional development.
- Partner with the marketing team to optimize the inbound lead flow and direct leads to the appropriate sales teams and/or reps.
- Collaborate with peers in Marketing, Product, and Editorial to understand and implement programs that increase sales pipeline, improve the effectiveness and productivity of your team, and differentiate our solutions.
- Provide regular, data-based updates to executive partners regarding progress against quota attainment, team performance, and any challenges or roadblocks that you encounter along the way.
- As a member of Martindale-Nolo’s senior leadership team, contribute to improving all aspects of company performance, from product and technology to delivery and support.
- Provide strategic guidance and insight about market trends, customer attitudes, and effectiveness of sales strategies.
- Help to build a strong culture of achievement and success.
- Works with leadership and finance to develop and deploy compensation plans that drive the right behaviors and incent strong sales performance.
- Establish the sales metrics and key performance indicators that drive our monthly business.
- Continually refine the sales process – look for areas of improvement and best practices.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit; proactively look for and act on opportunities to assist the team.
- 15+ years' sales leadership experience at the executive level in a marketing or technology company, leading a large (40+) organization of Inside Sales Representatives.
- Domain expertise in the professional services market.
- People management skills and a desire to set the tone and culture of our growing sales team.
- Experience building a go-to-market strategy and sales plan, establishing a new sales motion and building a culture of operational excellence.
- Experience using a CRM to manage the business, including team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Has a quantitative and metrics-based mindset and experience with data compilation and analysis.
- Independent, self-starter who thrives on immersion in a rapidly changing environment and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with attention to detail.
- Motivational leader and metrics-driven decision-maker who knows the sales funnel intimately.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
With over 15 million visitors a month, Martindale-Nolo Legal Marketing Network is the largest legal network online. Consumers visit our sites to get free and trusted legal information verified by our staff of editors. Our SEO experts make sure that we rank in top position with search engines for a variety of keywords related to practice areas and topics we know consumers are searching for. Of the 15 million visitors, over 400,000 request legal help, and we deliver these inquiries to our clients — qualified attorneys ready to help. Check out our website to learn more:https://www.martindale.com/marketyourfirm/lead-generation
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.