Photo Production Intern
Fodor’s Travel is looking for a visual storyteller to assist with photo research, photo licensing, and photo prep for print travel guides, online slideshows and articles. In this role you should be able to pull together photo assignments, perform agency research, and communicate with PR companies and tourism agencies worldwide. Strong organizational skills to assist in tracking budgets, photo use, and licensing is desired. We are a fast-paced, lean team producing over 55 travel guides per year, in addition to multiple daily .com articles and/or slideshows. The ability to work well with others, as a team, while juggling multiple assignments is crucial to success in this role. And finally, the right candidate will have a passion for photography, journalism, and a love for travel.
Day to Day Job Duties:
- Work with editors and art dept to identify photography needs for books and source the required images.
- Work with the online team to acquire assets to illustrate online slideshows and articles.
- Manage photo credits necessary for proper photo use.
- Manage photo licensing documentation and track use details for each image.
- Download stock photography and update with metadata for the online & print teams.
- Maintain photo deadlines and photo research to obtain the best image for each article.
- Contact photographers, tourism boards and other outlets for creative (and inexpensive) ways to obtain images.
- Review, edit and manipulate photos to achieve the highest quality using the appropriate tools (Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom). Supports all aspects of photo editing including color correction and photo sizing.
- Manage photo metadata practices.
- Proven work experience in a photo department in either book, magazine, or online environment.
- Solid foundation in digital imaging, art history, photographic techniques, color composition, digital editing, production, studio management, photo licensing.
- Strong photo editing skills with an excellent portfolio.
- Previous work on a photo team is desired.
- Creative mind with an eye for visual detail.
- Strong organizational, project management, communication, and collaborative abilities.
- Use critical thinking and possess the ability to work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Time-management, self-motivated, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working with a digital asset management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in photography, photojournalism, fine art photography or visual media is a plus.
For 80 years, Fodor’s Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler’s trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 6,500 worldwide destinations. And we deliver our expertise in every format that travelers need, from print guidebooks and eBooks, to Fodors.com and our mobile apps, even across our social media platforms. Together, our products make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.