Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking experienced, practical Corporate Counsel to join our fast paced in-house legal team. In addition to drafting and negotiating agreements, this role will work on various corporate matters in the areas of product development, intellectual property, regulatory and compliance and more. You will have the opportunity to provide substantive legal advice on various subjects relating to the Company’s healthcare businesses, including privacy, media, technology, intellectual property, marketing, and third-party vendor and supplier contracting. You will be expected to work independently with our business leaders and collaboratively with our in-house legal team. You must be comfortable with and adept at juggling and prioritizing many agreements and projects in a very fast paced atmosphere.
- Conducting research, reviewing and analyzing legal risks and compliance matters, including privacy laws and regulatory requirements for the healthcare sector.
- Drafting, reviewing, analyzing and negotiating standard and non-standard agreements and template licenses.
- Structuring and documenting new agreements and relationships with partners.
- Using excellent interpersonal and communication skills to advise our internal teams on business and legal risks both in contracts, compliance and other matters.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of scalable contract management policies and procedures, administration, tracking, and templates.
- Appropriately escalating legal and business matters.
- Other projects as needed to support the broader legal function.
- At least 3+ years of experience as a corporate attorney. A mix of transactional law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- Legal knowledge of contract law, intellectual property and other areas of law impacting commercial contracts and licensing.
- Legal knowledge of privacy laws and regulations impacting the healthcare sector.
- Must be able to problem solve and assist business leads in finding and implementing appropriate solutions to legal and business issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, business judgment and project management skills that result in the ability to work effectively with executive management and other employees, clients and vendors.
- Excellent follow-through and multi-tasking skills.
- Superior analytic and writing skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and a member in good standing of at least one state bar (preferably California).
- Experience working with technology companies and in-house a plus.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for the business.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively on multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Counsel, Corporate Counsel, Attorney, In-House Counsel, Regulatory Compliance, Los Angeles, Jobs, Online