Internet Brands and WebMD are currently looking for an individual with proven leadership and Quality Assurance abilities to join our Los Angeles based headquarters. As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for shipping product, creating and executing test plans, writing test cases, and developing automation scripts. You’ll play a key role in a rapidly evolving QA organization tasked with developing innovative automation tools, frameworks, and techniques to supplement, support, and train partner groups. You’ll also have the opportunity to design QA processes and architect test frameworks and harnesses that will be standardized and scaled out across our organization.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of industry experience, 2+ years of leadership experience, experience with web-based technologies, and a passion for process building.
- Coordinate multiple test projects to ensure completion according to scope and schedule
- Provide direction and mentoring for staff.
- Create a supportive team environment that fosters collaboration, cooperation, and creativity.
- Instill a sense of project ownership and group responsibility amongst the team.
- Empower staff to solve problems, take initiative, and make independent decisions within a defined, flexible, and logical QA process.
- Work with the team to identify, develop, and formalize QA and Automation development best practices for contribution to the wider QA organization.
- Drive progress toward organizational goals at the direction of senior management.
- Balance deployment of resources between projects as necessary.
- Train staff to manage expectations and communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
- Oversee, manage, and drive testing efforts for multiple projects with multiple project teams.
- Provide staff supervision and day-to-day management.
- Collaborate closely with Quality Leadership across the entire QA organization to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with representatives from all Technology groups to identify areas for improved efficiency, and to refine and improve the company’s software development processes.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Project Management, Software Development, or Quality Assurance.
- 2+ years of leadership experience managing large, Agile Engineering teams.
- Completion of a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Proven ability to source and grow talented, cross-functional engineers.
- Experience working on web, SaaS, and multi-tier web service applications.
- Strong understanding of software engineer and SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to quickly understand and gain domain expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Programming skills in Java, PHP or Python.
- Experience building or testing REST or SOAP services.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.