Contract Visual Designer
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Contract Visual Designer.
- Design beautiful, purpose built, responsive website themes and user interfaces for multiple website platforms.
- Create different looks based on design direction and stakeholder feedback
- Source stock video and images
- Work with the Product Team to refine wireframes and develop design concepts.
- Present concepts to and gather feedback from product stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product to optimize platform functionality and user experience.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Process oriented, methodical, able to take creative direction and design to spec.
- Understanding of graphic design fundamentals and principles including typography, color use, composition, use of space and layout, grids
- Understanding of responsive design
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Desire to constantly learn new skills and push the boundaries in design.
- Self-motivated, team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop, tablet, mobile, Android and iOS.
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating responsive, purpose-driven design, attention to detail.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.