Los Angeles based, Internet Brands is currently seeking a Senior Accountant. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and have broad exposure working on many different tasks for a dynamic and growing Company.
- Assists in all phases of closing and reporting including preparation of journal entries.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Maintain appropriate recurring and reversing journal entries, accruals, and prepaid schedules where necessary.
- Analyze variances in income statements and balance sheet accounts.
- Serve as liaison between operations, general accounting, payroll, and FP&A teams to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares audit schedules for interim and annual external audits.
- Assist in special ad-hoc projects as required.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, or economics.
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Paryroll accounting experience a plus.
- Strong skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc).
- Self-starter and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills, and ability to perform efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.