General Manager, Automotive eCommerce
Internet Brands is looking for a strategic, innovative leader to drive the business operations, revenue growth and future direction of our automotive portfolio. We are looking for a General Manager of our Automotive eCommerce websites who has the passion, energy, intellect and a successful track record of growing digital businesses to fuel our next chapter of growth. Our automotive eCommerce group dates back to Internet Brands’ origin in 1998 when we started CarsDirect.com. We have since expanded immensely and seek a leader that will bring fresh ideas, a strategic mind and a track record of growing businesses. This position is based at our headquarters located in El Segundo, California. You can learn more about our automotive brands here.
- Provide leadership across all parts of the business and manage teams responsible for day-to-day business operations including sales, customer service, account management, content creation, product development, marketing and business development.
- Build expert-level understanding of the industry and develop strategies to maintain and grow our leadership position.
- Lead efforts to drive revenue across multiple revenue streams (media advertising, classified ad postings, membership sales).
- Own and fully manage the P&L.
- Develop and manage operational budgets, and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis. Establish metrics for the business to drive decisions.
- Understand and develop strategies and activities to grow audience/users in a profitable manner.
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans against company objectives.
- Minimum 7-8 years demonstrated experience growing revenue and profit for a digital business.
- Ability to interact with and to develop relationships with a diverse group of personnel ranging from senior executives to middle managers to technical individual contributors.
- Strong business sense – an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Analytical – demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, tracks those parts, and manage activities to completion.
- Excellent communication skills – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Team Player – able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships, and share knowledge.
- Automotive industry expertise; motorsports enthusiast a plus.
- Bachelors degree; MBA a plus.
About Internet Brands:
Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth.
Check us out! www.internetbrands.com
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment in the Los Angeles area (El Segundo - near LAX).