Strategic Planning Analyst
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands, Inc. is seeking a sharp, motivated Strategic Planning Analyst to join our team and play an integral role in the strategic/business planning process. This role provides analytical and decision support to our corporate development team as well as business units throughout Internet Brands. This role will develop and execute practical quantitative analysis, market research, and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights, and develop financial and data models and tools to provide a platform for decision making support on a variety of opportunities and key initiatives.
- Develop and execute quantitative analyses, market research, and modeling of acquisition targets.
- Develop financial and data models and tools that support focused decision making on a variety of business issues and key initiatives.
- Actively engage in value-add market, competitive, and financial analysis to answer key strategic questions; interpret results.
- Prepare materials (spreadsheets, word documents, power point documents, vizio charts, etc.) that summarize data and conclusions to support discussion of key business issues by business leaders.
- Ideal candidate will bring 1-2 years of analytical work experience, preferably within a management consulting firm, accounting firm, or in a corporate finance/strategic planning role.
- BS/BA in Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics or Business.
- Excellent analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data.
- Ability to reconcile quantitative findings with other qualitative and strategic business information.
- Strong problem solving and business modeling skills; experience with developing creating approaches to market and competitive research a plus.
- High degree of proficiency in financial modeling and analysis; skills should include not only Excel expertise, but also abilities to design, communicate, and adjust models to fit business needs and changes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and presenting complex analysis to stakeholders and senior-level management.
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Strategic Planning Analyst, Analyst, Corporate Development, Web, Online, Los Angeles, Management, Business Analyst, Business Planning, Data Analyst