Senior Editor, Fodor's Travel
For over 80 years, Fodor’s Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler’s trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 6,500 worldwide destinations. Our products make it possible for every trip to be the trip of a lifetime.
We are currently seeking a senior-level editor, who will be responsible for a variety of domestic and international travel destinations, overseeing and directing the quality and scope of Fodor's content and all publications associated with those destinations, as well as supervising other editors.
Among Other Tasks, You Will:
- Independently plan, launch, and commission a variety of destination updates.
- Find and hire writers, edit copy, and oversee editorial freelancers.
- Review book passes.
- Oversee the work of other editors.
- Help train new staff.
- Help the editorial director with strategic planning.
- Contribute reviews and articles to Fodors.com.
- Follow and be aware of travel industry and destination trends.
- Represent Fodor's at travel industry events.
Other requirements include:
- Strong research and communication skills, an understanding of the requirements of multi-platform content, and familiarity with a CMS.
Our ideal candidate will have at least seven to ten years of editorial experience in both print and digital environments, ideally including experience with travel guidebooks and be an entrepreneurial problem-solver who understands the importance of keeping projects on budget and on schedule. The ability to recruit excellent writers around the world is essential to success in this position; having good working relationships with writers and tourism officials in major destinations around the world is a plus.
In Addition, You Should Be:
- An excellent writer who can also edit and improve the work of others.
- Proficient with grammar and punctuation.
- Equally good at editing and administration.
- Able to multitask efficiently.
- Able to inspire staff.
- Team-oriented, willing to pitch in whenever and wherever you are needed.
- Passionate about travel.
All applicants must submit a letter detailing their travel experience and why Fodor's is of interest, along with their resume.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.