Web Designer - Contract
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Web Designer. This is a contract role.
- Design beautiful, purpose built, responsive website themes and user interfaces for multiple website platforms.
- Create different looks based on design direction and stakeholder feedback.
- Work with the Product Team to refine wireframes and develop design concepts.
- Present concepts to and gather feedback from product stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product to optimize platform functionality and user experience.
- Work within template editor system to QA designs and build sites as needed.
- Source stock video and images.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Process oriented, methodical, able to take creative direction and design to spec.
- Ability to think critically and perform research, analyzing competitors and industry trends, to bring new ideas and improvements to our work.
- Understanding of graphic design fundamentals and principles including typography, color use, composition, use of space and layout, grids.
- Understanding of responsive design.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Desire to constantly learn new skills and push the boundaries in design.
- Self-motivated, team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop, tablet, mobile, Android and iOS.
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating responsive, purpose-driven design, attention to detail.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.