Marketing Intern - Travel
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is seeking a smart, professional Marketing Intern to drive awareness of Fodor’s Travel and other brands in our Travel & Leisure division. The intern will work closely with the Marketing team and Sr. Marketing Manager to help grow sales of Fodor’s print travel guide books and drive traffic to Fodors.com. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain valuable marketing experience in both digital and product marketing.
Responsibilities include helping the team with the following:
- Evaluate marketing opportunities for Fodor’s brand, guidebook sales, and Fodors.com.
- Analyze data and provide strategic insights to inform business decisions.
- Manage digital campaigns on Amazon Advertising.
- Research and evaluate consumer insights, marketing trends, and metadata keywords.
- Conduct industry and competitive analyses and share insights with the team.
- Manage book promotions in various channels including print, email newsletter, social media, and web.
- Help prepare sales presentations.
- Perform operational tasks such as entering metadata into the data management system and ensuring the information in the online store is up-to-date.
- Promote Fodor’s books on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
An outstanding candidate will possess:
- A balance of analytical (data-driven), strategic, and creative thinking.
- PC proficiency, including Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a high attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for marketing and social media and ability to bring new ideas.
- Proactive, willing to chip in, a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities and deadlines.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Creativity. Friendliness. A fun, outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ownership and pride in your work.
- A passion for travel and understanding of the travel industry.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.