Do you have a knack for taking dry copy and bringing it to life? Do you know how to inject just the right amount of style to keep readers engaged without sacrificing credibility? If so, our unique Line Editor role could be just for you.
Nolo, the oldest and foremost publisher of self-help legal books and software for consumers, is currently seeking an editor to focus on polishing articles for style and readability. This “editor” will take legal articles written by attorneys and turn them into compelling reads for different audiences.
The topic areas covered will span across many legal areas including divorce, personal injury, bankruptcy, DUI, and estate planning, just to name a few. Our editor will need to be agile enough to work with all types of legal subject matter and make them “pop” for the reader.
- A flair for language and article construction, with the ability to connect with the common reader.
- Superior copy editing skills: grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Experience working with, and editing copy from, a wide variety of writers.
- Ability to manage other editors, mentor them, and ensure their work meets standards.
- Organized and agile with the ability to juggle many projects at once and always deliver a superior product on time.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and how to incorporate them into content.
- Bonus: Some experience in the legal space and/or a familiarity with legal terminology.
We have offices in Los Angeles and Berkeley, California but are open to remote candidates prepared to travel to our office from time to time.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.