Director of Online Business Strategy and Operations
Martindale-Nolo is seeking a motivated web-savvy professional to be responsible for driving the strategic direction and day-to-day business operations associated with a portfolio of consumer legal web properties. In the role, the individual will be accountable for improving coordination between business units, managing supply quality for the lead business, improving consumer conversion and ultimately growing revenue.
This is a great opportunity for a strong web business professional with experience prioritizing activities, leading both internal and external partners, and a passion for consumer facing web properties. We are looking for someone with energy, intellect and drive that can bring fresh ideas, an analytical mind and a dedication to growing the business – wherever that takes us.
What you will do:
-Work closely with sales, account management, customer service, content creation, and marketing to ensure that their teams are able to hit their targets, helping them to optimize processes and knowledge.
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities, and development against company objectives.
- Work with product development to develop strategies and activities to increase user experience and conversion optimization.
- Track, analyze and understand the implications of all the sites’ associated metrics.
- Work with GM to prioritize product development to maximize revenue opportunities and growth.
- Help with diligence and transition activities associated with new partnerships and acquisitions.
- Build expert-level understanding of the online legal space (both B2B and B2C), and how our portfolio of products can maintain and grow their leadership positions.
What you will need:
- Online intuition- a natural inquisitiveness to what is happening online and a familiarity with web technologies and web monetization.
- Strong business sense - an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Highly analytical mind– demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and making or recommending decisions based on those metrics.
- Excellent communications – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, track those parts, and manage the activities to completion.
- Practical – you value getting stuff done more than the big idea.
- Team Player – a sincere willingness to place the team above yourself. Able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships and share knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus.
What you will get:
- Opportunity to exercise a broad range of general management, analytical and entrepreneurial skills and talents toward the success of a growing business.
- Opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best leaders in the industry.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.