Martindale-Nolo, a division of Internet Brands, is currently seeking an HR Generalist based at our Pleasanton, CA office. The ideal candidate is a sharp, motivated self-starter who takes initiative, works independently to get things done while also working collaboratively with business leaders to proactively manage elements of the employee lifecycle, and approaches work with a positive can-do attitude.
- You know your HR. You can identify key HR issues, outline solution options and make recommendations to solve problems and improve business results.
- Solid understanding of employment law and compliance and ability to cultivate fair and respectful culture.
- Experience conducting employee relations investigations.
- Ability to work effectively with central HR team based in Los Angeles. You will need to be a very strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong employee communications and team building experience. You will be key to creating conditions for a professional and engaging employee experience.
- Recruiting expertise. We need a team member with an eye for talent who will understand our culture, collaborate with the recruiters to assure requisitions are filled, and recruit for the team him/herself when needed.
- Strong organizational skills and a solid working knowledge of Google Docs/MS Office tool usage.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, HR certification preferred.
- Passion, problem solving, and teamwork.
- Identify and resolve HR matters; with heavy focus on Employee Relations.
- Work with central HR regarding policy, process and other HR objectives.
- Build and support performance management efforts for meeting business objectives.
- Welcome new recruits, on-board new hires, and handle exit interviews and processing departures.
- Work with hiring managers and IB recruiting staff to fill open positions and facilitate the selection of top-notch candidates.
- Generate and maintain key HR reports and metrics.
- Other general HR duties as needed.
What you can expect:
- In this role you will be the main regional HR generalist supporting our Pleasanton and San Francisco offices, and will join and collaborate with our team of HR professionals based across the US.
- You will report to the General Manager of Martindale-Nolo as well as an Internet Brands corporate HR leader.
- A fun, friendly work environment where hard work and innovation is rewarded.
- Exposure to fast-paced, growing industry.
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.