Associate - Data Analyst
Internet Brands, Inc. is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce websites in the automotive, careers, home, money and business, shopping, and travel and leisure categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, Internet Brands operates a rapidly growing network of websites that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities and make informed purchasing decisions. Internet Brands' sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards.
As the analytics arm of Internet Brands, we help our clients and our products realize their potential. Helping understand the customer behavior and traits is at the core of what we do. A team of 8 members, we are analogous to a start-up center with hands on responsibility for every member.
Education: B. Tech/B.E. from reputed institute with minimum 85% in SSC and HSC
Experience: 0 - 4 years (Freshers with good educational background OR candidates with relevant experience)
Work timings: 2 PM to 11 PM IST
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with data manipulation in SQL environment is mandatory.
- Experience working with Vertica database or any other distributed database.
- 1+ years’ hands on experience in Writing/Optimizing queries and stored procedures, using data modelling tools, designing, and optimizing databases.
- Proficient in SQL, Views, Query Optimization, Database performance tuning, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Data warehouse and MPP databases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, storytelling/ presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and work in a multi-team setup with various stakeholders.
- Familiarity with web analytics, Big Query database, Dashboarding is good to have.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI will be good to have.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Perform data extraction based on user-defined requirements from the Vertica environment following the segmentation principles.
- Design queries and optimize it.
- Analyze the data and come up with insights to answer specific business problems.
- Create recommendations, summarize results, and present.
- Automate reports with backend automation.
- Design and build user-interface for automatable data-pulls and implement the same.
- Build expertise in data preparation, data visualizations and transformations through SQL other analytical tools.