Henry Schein One, LLC is seeking a Los Angeles-based, experienced, practical Corporate Counsel to join our fast paced in-house legal team that supports our digital healthcare company. In addition to drafting and negotiating customer and vendor agreements, this role will work on various corporate matters, especially healthcare and privacy regulatory and compliance, digital product development, intellectual property, M&A diligence and integration and more. You will have the opportunity to provide substantive legal advice on various subjects relating to our Company and expand your skills in multiple, complex areas of technology, business and law. You will be expected to work independently with our business leaders and collaboratively with our in-house legal team. You must be comfortable with and adept at juggling and prioritizing many agreements and projects in a very fast paced atmosphere.
- Drafting, reviewing, analyzing and negotiating standard and non-standard agreements and template licenses for our digital, healthcare-related products and services.
- Conducting research, reviewing and analyzing legal risks and compliance matters for the digital healthcare sector.
- Advising, structuring and documenting complex agreements and relationships with partners.
- Using excellent interpersonal and communication skills to advise our internal teams on business and legal risks both in contracts, compliance and other matters.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of scalable contract management policies and procedures, administration, tracking, and templates.
- Managing paralegal and business support.
- Appropriately escalating legal and business matters.
- Other projects as needed to support the broader legal function.
- At least 4+ years of experience as a corporate attorney. A mix of transactional law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- Legal knowledge of contract law, intellectual property and other areas of law impacting commercial contracts and licensing.
- Legal knowledge of privacy laws and regulations impacting the healthcare sector recommended.
- Must be able to problem solve and assist business leads in finding and implementing appropriate solutions to legal and business issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, business judgment and project management skills that result in the ability to work effectively with executive management and other employees, clients and vendors.
- Excellent follow-through and multi-tasking skills.
- Superior analytic and writing skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and a member in good standing of at least one state bar (preferably California, New York or Utah).
- Experience working with technology companies and in-house a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively on multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality.
About Henry Schein One
Henry Schein One, founded in 2018, is the world's largest dental practice management software company. Headquartered in American Fork, Utah, the company includes Henry Schein's market-leading solutions of Dentrix®, Power Practice, Dentrix Ascend®, Dentrix Enterprise®, Easy Dental®, and TechCentral™, as well as international companies, including Software of Excellence®, Logiciel Julie, InfoMed®, Exan®, and Labnet®, among others. Also included in Henry Schein One are the dental businesses of Internet Brands, including web-based solutions such as Demandforce®, Sesame Communications™, Officite™, DentalPlans.com™ and more. The new company integrated more than 40 software brands and employs approximately 1,500 people. For more information, visit www.henryscheinone.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.