Senior Software Engineer - Ruby
Internet Brands and Avvo are changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us connect people with the legal help they need.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer who will focus on enhancing the performance and reliability of our cutting-edge application environment with their knowledge of Linux server environments, Docker, and microservice best practices. This position will report to the Platform Technical Project Manager.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Writing code and building tools, mostly in Ruby but also in Bash and other languages, that support our entire development team.
- Constantly improving our development and production deployment processes.
- Ensuring up-time for core infrastructure services such as Docker container servers, databases, and continuous deployment tools in testing and production environments.
- Helping provide on-call coverage for nights and weekends to ensure 24 hour support for infrastructure issues and problems.
- Configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Skills and experience troubleshooting large, complex systems
- Intermediate to senior experience as a developer
- Experience collaborating closely with operations teams, network engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience administering Linux Servers in production.
- Experience running Docker in production.
- Familiarity with bash scripting.
Ideally you’d also have:
- Experience configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters, especially in production.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or another MVC framework.
- Familiarity with Python, Elixir and Rust
- Experience with CircleCI.
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of any of Solr, Redis, Elasticsearch, My SQL, Kafka, Consul. Vault, Terraform and Packer.
- Familiarity with Phoenix (the Elixir framework).
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
About the team:
- All of the teams at Avvo iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
- We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust.
- We're open to using the right technologies for what we build.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.