Martindale-Avvo’s Legal Marketing Network comprises some of the leading players in the online legal space, including brands that have been trusted for generations: Martindale-Hubbell®, Avvo® and Nolo®. We provide comprehensive legal marketing solutions including real-time lead generation, online legal profiles, live chat, and website services. Our network of resources, including Martindale.com, Avvo.com, Lawyers.com, Nolo.com and other top-ranking destinations, attracts over 23 million consumers per month — making us the largest legal network online.
We’re looking for a Copy Editor to assign, edit, format, and deliver web content in a fast-paced, high-volume agency environment. This position requires a daily presence in our New Providence, NJ, office, reporting to the Content Manager.
Primary duties include:
- Review law firm customer orders for website content.
- Follow up with sales representatives and/or customers to resolve order issues.
- Assign content orders to freelance writing pool.
- Copy edit content drafts and provide feedback to writers.
- Deliver content drafts and secure approvals.
- Format and publish content on customer websites.
- Coordinate with internal teams to maintain project timelines.
- Assign overflow copy editing to offsite team.
- Implement customer revision requests.
- Maintain library of legal practice area web content.
- Edit non-customer items such as agency presentations or marketing materials.
- Write short copy items as needed.
The successful candidate has the following required skills and/or experience:
- Research and quickly understand legal topics.
- Translate complex legal information into consumer-friendly marketing copy.
- Edit copy with reference to a Creative Brief, SEO Strategy document, or both.
- Edit according to best practices for web, including search engine optimization.
- Handle a heavy workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar field.
Experience in the following areas is very helpful:
- Receive work assignments and log work activity in a project tracking system.
- Format content using basic HTML.
- Format content in WordPress or similar content management systems.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience in legal marketing, legal practice, or both.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.