Financial Analyst (Health)
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, WebMD Care Physician Directory, Vitals.com, eDoctors, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org, and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant, and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools, and access to online communities.
Our mission is to help consumers take an active role in managing their own health and wellness.
WebMD Care / eDoctors, one of the fastest-growing divisions within Internet Brands, is in search of a Financial Analyst to get in on the ground floor of our growing team!
The ideal candidate loves data and business analytics, can synthesize complex insights into a simple message, and is experienced in driving and supporting initiatives through a collaborative approach. This role will report directly into the General Manager, and maintains service-based relationships with cross-functional teams to provide analysis, reports, and recommendations to aid management in decision making and performance monitoring.
Candidates should also possess strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness in handling inquiries from various teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with intellectual curiosity and analytical chops to come in, play a part in multiple aspects of fast-growing business, and have a real impact.
- Develop a deep understanding of operational, product, customer and financial data utilized by the business.
- Add value through data analysis and optimization, and insights that contribute towards business decision making and continuous process improvements. Some examples of projects may include: web traffic & product performance analytics reporting, price optimization analysis, and customer segmentation.
- Coordinate with the leadership team to define key business metrics and design/deliver automated dashboard tools (via Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, ad hoc Excel reporting).
- Support ongoing ad-hoc analytical reporting to drive business insight such as customer segmentation, pricing optimization, operational and product performance.
- Collaborate with product, database and operations teams to support data analysis, reporting and KPI tracking.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a comparable Business Development or Online Marketing position.
- Excellent comprehension, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-through.
- Ability to be a self-starter and comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
- Basic understanding of online business models and web-based technology and analytics.
- Flexible, results oriented team player.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask.
- Very strong Excel skills. Familiarity with Salesforce, Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics is a plus.
Why you should work here:
- Work for a trusted brand with 100s of millions of site visitors each month.
- Work for a people-centric company and one of its fastest growing divisions.
- Great leadership and culture where hard work is recognized and rewarded, and fairness and respect are always top-of-mind.
- A unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the resources, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.