Lead Java Developer
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently looking for a Lead Java Developer for our Health vertical, specifically working on brands such as WebMD and Demandforce. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of software development experience, experience in web-based application development, automated unit testing, and restful API design and development.
- Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
- Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
- Support innovative software-as-a-service products and migrate current projects with IB's architecture framework.
- Investigate and fix production issues.
- Participate in software design discussions.
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
- Perform code reviews of your team members’ work.
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle.
- Develop, integrate and optimize the functional bricks/blocks of our applications, including web portals, web services, APIs, public components etc.
- Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
- 5+ years of software development with Java, preferably within Agile processes.
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL and relational databases (desired: MySql or PostgreSQL).
- Experience building and documenting microservices in Java.
- Exposure to message bus or event sink technologies (desired: experience with Kafka)
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its cause, and code a resolution to the issue.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Strong creative problem-solving ability.
- Experience in creating software architecture documents or other design artifacts.
- Knowledge of code and release management.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (ex. Gitlab, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo) is a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Good to Have:
- Experience in Kubernetes
- Experience in ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash)
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Mantis, etc.)
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.