Editor - Health
Los Angeles based Internet Brands, Inc. is looking for a dynamic entry-level online content editor for its Health Division, focusing on the addiction and recovery space. Someone who can come up with creative and educational content ideas that will catch fire with the online audience, write fun/engaging/thought-provoking health articles that pull readers in, and who can create relationships via social media that will help spread that content virally. This individual should be knowledgeable about social media, understand the nuances of online marketing and finding/building an audience for great content, and be an excellent creative writer.
This position is a great fit for someone who is creative, self-motivated, enjoys pitching ideas, writing and editing engaging articles, interacting and developing relationships via social media, and building a following for your content. The position will be working in our headquarters in El Segundo.
- Develop ideas for content, write and edit copy, and ensure accurate publishing as scheduled.
- Track the results of content and social media initiatives and report findings to management.
- Be able to write and edit in many different styles for different audiences, from professional to funny to controversial, while keeping focused on the underlying message/business goal.
- Work with/manage a diverse freelance staff to produce high quality articles.
- Research, manage, and grow relationships with high value social media influencers and partner sites, with the goal of sharing content, getting links, and building an audience.
- Superior writing and copy editing skills: grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Diligence in fact checking medical content. Attention to detail a must.
- Passion for engaging and educating an audience focused on addiction, health, and lifestyle issues.
- Self-motivated with the ability to hit goals with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with common content management platforms such as Blogger, WordPress, or Movable Type.
- Some knowledge of HTML a plus.
- Demonstrated content or social media experience is a plus.
- Experience with Excel a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.