Business Analyst, Ad Markets - Avvo
Avvo is seeking an experienced business analyst with a track record helping consumer-focused companies grow. You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You thrive on translating data into insights to identify opportunities for growth and can effectively communicate them internally.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who can plan and execute an analytical approach to pricing and inventory that results in actionable business improvements. You’re also a team player who likes a fast-paced environment and wants to join a company with significant growth potential that offers a ton of opportunity to build your skills.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office located in the heart of Seattle at the beautiful 8th & Olive building, just a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. Nestled in Seattle's tech community, we offer scenic views of the city and surrounding areas from any floor at Avvo!
As the Business Analyst supporting Ad Market Management (AMM) you will:
- Partner with AMM stakeholders to drive innovation through strategic discussions, actionable analytics, and continuous improvement.
- Extract data from multiple sources, manipulate data, validate data, and develop frameworks to provide clear, compelling metrics to effectively track key growth triggers and trends.
- Translate business requirements into clear and concise written requirements and partner with product and engineering to continuously enhance ad market management tools.
- Make pricing and inventory changes and build frameworks for ongoing performance measurement and effectiveness of specific pricing initiatives.
- Support ad hoc reporting and business analysis related to AMM.
- 4+ years experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems and making operational recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Highly proficient in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel, Tableau).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working with fellow team members to get the job done.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.