Associate Data Scientist
Internet Brands is looking for an Associate Data Scientist to contribute to our machine learning initiatives. The ideal candidate has a practical background in machine learning, with experience in natural language processing, information retrieval, knowledge extraction or deep learning. The role is located in sunny El Segundo and you’ll be working closely with all of our business units. You will be working with product managers and data scientists in building content recommendation, personalization, and business intelligence models to enhance our customer experience and business intelligence capabilities.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Apply machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to massive data sets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams of software engineers, domain experts, and others to build new product features for multiple business units.
- Collaborate with fellow data scientists across a variety of businesses to prioritize and promote our machine learning efforts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Data Science, AI, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forest, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Tensorflow.
- Strong knowledge in feature scaling, dimensionality reduction & data compression techniques, TF-IDF, SVM, Ensemble models (Bagging, Boosting), model tuning using grid-search etc.
- Software development experience in NLP development & or text analytics.
- Experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Python (preferred), Scala, or Java.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You preferably have machine learning publications or work on open source to share with us.
Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable:
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.