The DevOps (Infrastructure) Engineer will focus on enhancing the performance and reliability of our development team with their knowledge of micro-service scaling best practices. Our ideal candidate has strong working knowledge of Docker, and Service Oriented Architecture. Experience and knowledge of Rancher or Kubernetes is very helpful. This position will report to the Infrastructure Manager and will be a primary on-call escalation for infrastructure issues and problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure up-time for core infrastructure services such as databases, continuous deployment tools, testing and production environments.
- Constantly working to improve our development and production deployment process.
- Rotating on-call coverage for nights and weekends to provide 24 hour support.
- Build and deploy new infrastructure services in languages like Ruby or Rust.
- Work closely with Development team members to debug and answer questions related to deployment and infrastructure.
EDUCATION BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Experience administrating Linux Servers in production.
- Experience running Docker in production.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or similar system deployment framework.
- Knowledge of BASH scripting.
- Comfortable in a language like Ruby or Python.
- Previous experience as a developer or supporting and working closely with developers.
- Ruby Programming.
- Ruby on Rails administration.
- Knowledge of Solr, Redis and/or Memcached.
- Setup or administration of Kubernetes.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.