Demandforce is looking for a Java Engineer to work on systems supporting real-time daily operations for tens of thousands of small businesses. Demandforce provides services used everyday to reach millions of consumers and small businesses. We are in middle of technology overhaul to move our monolithic java/jsp architecture to micro-services to enable us to deliver continuously. We believe in empowering developers to be responsible for producing high-quality code.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of software development experience, experience in web-based application development, automated unit testing, and restful API design and development.
- Daily coordination of development activities with Product and Project Managers and Lead Developers.
- Working closely with distributed development and QA resources in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s software development process.
- Designing and developing new features based on product specifications.
- Troubleshooting production issues and providing configuration or coding changes to fix them.
- Refactoring existing code to improve efficiency, extensibility, and maintainability.
- Identifying and evaluating new techniques, tools, and technologies to expand the team’s capabilities.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts created by QA team members.
- 5+ years of software development with Java, preferably within Agile processes.
- 5+ years experience with SQL and relational databases (desired: MySql or PostgreSQL).
- Experience building and documenting RESTful services in Java or NodeJS.
- Strong written and verbal English communication.
- Familiarity with non-relational storage systems (desired: experience with redis, ElasticCache)
- Exposure to message bus or event sink technologies (desired: experience with Kafka or RabbitMQ)
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its cause, and code a resolution the issue.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- You like to develop, test, maintain, and support innovative software-as-a-service products.
- You are interested in designing the scalable, reliable and secure software architecture powering Demandforce’s SaaS-based technology platform using a combination of Java, Node.JS and React.js.
- You collaborate with peers, quality assurance engineers, and release engineering to ensure each release is successful.
- You like to work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle.
- You are not afraid of a large legacy codebase, and are more than willing to contribute/improve the code overtime.
- You are communicative with good sense of idealism and pragmatism.
- The idea of deploying continuously to a site that gets a huge volume of traffic is more exciting than scary.
- You’re endlessly curious and thrive in an environment where you’re continually learning and solving new problems.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.