Legal Editor, Personal Injury Law
Legal Editor – Personal Injury Law
Interested in work-life balance and a nontraditional career in law? The Personal Injury Law Legal Editor position at Nolo offers just that, and also provides the chance to create content that reaches millions of readers, helping them navigate the legal process.
Since 1971, Nolo has been the nation’s preeminent provider of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software—including the renowned Quicken WillMaker—that demystify the legal process and empower people to take control of their legal lives. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like DisabilitySecrets.com.
Our Legal Editor position is for a lawyer with natural writing and editing ability, careful attention to detail, and a talent for taking complex legal issues and making them accessible to the layperson. We are based in the Bay Area but are open to remote candidates prepared to travel to our office from time to time.
The Personal Injury Legal Editor will:
- write and edit articles for Nolo’s websites
- train and work with freelance writers
- update books and articles, and
- contribute to other projects as a subject matter expert.
The Personal Injury Legal Editor must have:
- excellent writing and editing skills and careful attention to detail
- a facility for writing for a consumer audience, explaining complex concepts in an easy-to-digest manner
- a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school and no professional disciplinary history
- at least two years’ background as a practicing attorney, including experience in personal injury (with experience in mass tort law being a plus), and
- the ability and willingness to create and edit content in additional areas of law.
Apply here by submitting a cover letter, a resume, and an example of writing intended for nonlawyers.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.