Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Collections Specialist to join our Accounting / Finance Team.
The Collections Specialist will reconcile accounts and prepare invoices, notices and demand letters. You will work together with our Accounting/Finance team as well as Account Executives, Account Managers, and Agencies.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Research and resolve billing/collection related issues as they arise.
- Review customer files and accounts receivable reports to determine accuracy of customer account balances.
- Follow-up on inquiries, negotiate with past due accounts and recommend accounts to be referred to outside collections agency.
- Communicate well with Account Executives, Account Managers and Agencies. Integrate with key personnel in various departments to explain transactions needing adjustments.
- Previous accounts receivables and collections experience a plus.
- Possess good working knowledge of bookkeeping, record keeping and clerical reporting procedures.
- Great communication skills, proactive, assertive, courteous, and people oriented.
- Should have working knowledge of Excel, Word, Great Plains and Outlook.
- Must be analytical, organized, detail oriented, inquisitive, and have good business sense.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of billing/collections experience required.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.