Executive Director, Data Platform
Internet Brands and WebMD are looking for an Executive Director of Data Platform to join our team!
The Executive Director, Data Platform will be responsible for driving and implementing the strategy and tactics to grow and evolve our scalable and extensible data platform to meet changing, fast-growing business needs, and efficiently integrate data from a plethora of sources. The data platform is the critical foundation for our business to drive measurable outcomes for our clients.
- Own the strategic vision and the technology roadmap for our data platform to meet the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Deliver and execute a plan to modernize the data infrastructure and tools to efficiently support both operational and analytical data workloads.
- Lead and help build a global team of high-performing data engineers, architects, and administrators.
- Define and implement best practices for all data management data governance and data integration processes and tools.
- Effectively and collaboratively prioritize data-related projects, balancing goals and dependencies from internal and external stakeholders, including product teams, technology, marketing, business leaders and partners.
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years experience in managing and mentoring data engineering teams and platforms.
- Experience in either the consumer internet space or the healthcare industry.
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data
- Thorough understanding of customer-centric data platforms, marketing data sources, and integration with online marketing activation channels.
- Deep technical background with a Masters Degree in computer science or a related field is highly preferred
- Experience with Python or Java programming languages.
- Strong understanding of SQL and working knowledge of using SQL for various reporting and transformation needs.
- Demonstrated success in building an environment which fosters and rewards collaboration, accountability, and trust
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills across every level of the organization,
- Experience applying Agile to data engineering.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.