WebMD is seeking a senior developer or lead developer to join our in-house content management team. This leads our small but mighty content pipeline team, which automates the processing of hundreds of thousands of articles.
This role involves both data processing and content management. We’re looking for someone with a data pipeline background who is interested in content, or someone with a content management background who is interested in automated processing.
Our content system powers one of the most prominent content sites in the country. If you are interested in data transformations, data integrity, or API design, then this could be the role for you.
- Expert-level experience in an OO language such as Java, C#, etc.
- Proficiency with either data pipelines (Kafka, ETL, etc.) or content management (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.)
- Extensive experience with a modern SQL database such as Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- API design
- Setting standards and expectations for a development team
- Performing code reviews and coaching junior developers
- Creating and maintaining a build/deploy pipeline (Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, etc.)
- A demonstrated commitment to data quality
- Event-driven or stream-driven architectures, using RabbitMQ, Kafka, or similar
- Document storage and search using Solr or Elastic
- Data transformation tools such as Talend or Pentaho
- Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerization tools
- Content management (Drupal, WordPress, etc.)
- Service scalability and monitoring
- Leading a geographically distributed team
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.