Staff Accountant II
Los Angeles based, Internet Brands is currently seeking a Staff Accountant II. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and have broad exposure working on many different tasks for a dynamic and growing Company.
- Assists in all phases of closing and reporting including preparation of journal entries.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Maintain appropriate recurring and reversing journal entries, accruals, and prepaid schedules where necessary.
- Analyze variances in income statements and balance sheet accounts.
- Serve as liaison between operations, general accounting, payroll, and FP&A teams to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares audit schedules for interim and annual external audits.
- Assist in special ad-hoc projects as required.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, or economics.
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- 3-4 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Payroll accounting experience a plus.
- Strong skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc).
- Self-starter and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and ability to perform efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.