Avvo, a division of Internet Brands, is currently seeking an HR Manager to work with our HR team and support our organization of sales, marketing, engineers, product and corporate functions.
The ideal candidate is a sharp, motivated strategic leader who takes initiative, works independently to get things done while also working collaboratively with business leaders to proactively drive improvements throughout the Employee lifecycle.
- Initiative and drive to Get the Right Stuff Done
- HR Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage through change and transition
- Teamwork and proven ability to collaborate across the organization
- Performance Management
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Participates in the end-to-end recruiting process and helps manage day-to-day recruiting efforts and new hire onboarding.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to provide training, people management, and development for all teams.
- Organize employee communications and facilitate team-building experiences to buoy morale and culture.
- Analyze reporting of HR metrics (i.e. headcount, attrition, engagement, D&I metrics, etc); drive solutions to improve people engagement and performance.
- Manage Annual Review and Performance Feedback processes
- Stays current on state/federal employment laws and company policies. Shares relevant information with leaders to help improve their supervisory effectiveness and to manage ER risk.
- Works in partnership with IB HR and leadership to resolve various employment matters including Performance Management issues, Employee complaints/Investigations, as well as the implementation of company-wide people activities such as: Hiring, Training, Employee Survey, Performance Reviews, Goal Setting, Policy Changes, etc. Partners with IB Recruiting /HR as needed to assist with processing employment transactions (hires, transfers, equity adjustments, promotions, etc.
- Assist and support leadership in organization-wide projects as needed.
- Assist with additional tasks as needed
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience; 6-10+ years overall HR experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including HR systems, reporting, payroll, employee relations, recruiting, diversity and inclusion, compensation practices, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
- Skilled in word processing and spreadsheets (preferably Google Workplace products).
- Ability to problem solve effectively and complete projects with a sense of urgency.
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience preferred
- HR Certifications preferred
Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance and Avvo has profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers on our platform. We connect those in need of legal services to attorneys that specialize in the desired area.
Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle's tech community and are backed by top venture capital firms, including Benchmark Capital, TCV, and others.
What you can expect:
- A fun, friendly work environment where hard work and innovation is rewarded.
- Exposure to fast-paced, growing industry.
- Medical, dental, and vision for employees
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Company-paid ORCA card
- Accessible and transparent leadership team
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress code
About Internet Brands
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.