Associate PHP Developer
Internet Brands is seeking an associate-level developer to join our content personalization team currently working on Medscape.com & WebMD.com. This team is responsible for a critical platform at WebMD that generates personalized content for our visitors. This is a great opportunity to join a high-visibility, high-impact team at the ground level and then grow with the team.
This is primarily a PHP role, but some familiarity or interest in Python is highly desirable. The role touches on data processing, machine learning, and API design. It is a full-time coding role, but we’re looking for a broad-based engineer who can participate in design sessions and cross-team coordination.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Proficiency with PHP
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming
- At least a year of professional experience in software development
- Proficiency with SQL databases such as Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with web services or API design
- Experience with document storage and search using Solr or Elastic
- Proficiency with Git
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerization tools
- Familiarity with basic machine learning concepts
- Familiarity with Content management (Drupal, WordPress, etc.)
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.