BI Analyst - Contractor
WebMD/Medscape is searching for a Business Analyst to join our team!
A key and primary focus of the role will be performing k-means clustering analysis to identify clusters of data objects in large in-house data sets. As such extensive and proven experience in cluster analysis, preferably using Python, is essential. Experience in cluster analysis/advanced analytics with physician-level healthcare data would be desired.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Performing advanced k-means clustering analysis.
- Identify clusters of data objects in a dataset.
- Create insightful, easy to understand reports that provide performance, trending and benchmarking analysis to meet business needs.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses using various skills and tools to extract and aggregate data. Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations to detailed deep dives in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Collaborate with various business and operational groups to explore new feature ideas by mining existing web analytics data, designing A/B tests, and evaluating the results to produce recommendations and insights that will help shape business decisions.
- Investigate significant changes in traffic and identify the cause of the changes through investigation using SQL or Excel.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data analysis and related best practices to business partners.
- Create, maintain, automate, and enhance reporting template(s) and customize as needed.
- Multi-task and understand priorities of requests and projects in a dynamic environment.
What's In It For You:
- Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of professionals in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position:
- 2+ years’ experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems.
- Highly Proficient with creating, maintaining, and optimizing Tableau workbooks.
- Proficient in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel).
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Python.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.