Photo Editor / Print Production Intern
Fodor’s Travel seeks a part-time Photo/Production Artist Intern to join our online and print production team. You’ll be assisting our our Photo Editor and Production Director with a variety of entry level photo and production dutes. This role requires you have a working knowledge of print production best practices and aptitude in Adobe CC programs such as Photoshop and InDesign. An interest in digital photography is a plus. You will receive hands on training and experience working in a fast-paced online and print graphic design environment and assist with projects to help build your portfolio.
- Use Photoshop to perform necessary color corrections and photo sizing for online & print photo usage.
- Archive photos with metadata to Data Asset Management system.
- Download all stock photography and update with metadata for the online & print teams.
- Reformat print book InDesign files and package for ebook creation.
- Archive all print and ebook files.
- Monitor photo credits and usage information.
- Support sales and marketing team with asset production for sales collateral.
- Create images from book layouts for use in marketing collateral.
- Compile print PDF’s into a single file for use in marketing collateral.
- Other print production duties as assigned.
- Special design projects as assigned.
- Experience in graphic design and digital photography.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Bridge and Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Teamwork oriented, willing to jump in and help others on a variety of project types.
- A willingness to take direction, as well as individual initiative.
- Basic understanding of print production and digital production techniques and terminology.
- Attention to detail.
- Portfolio a plus, but not required.
Fodor’s Travel has been a leader in expert travel for 80 years and is part of digital media powerhouse Internet Brands. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. And we deliver our expertise in every format that travelers need, from print guidebooks and eBooks, to Fodors.com and our mobile apps, as well as across our social media platforms.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.