Los Angeles based Internet Brands is seeking a smart, professional full-time Online Community Specialist to manage and help grow several online communities in our Travel & Leisure department, which includes many high-profile websites such as Fodors.com and Flyertalk.com. Additionally, this role will involve marketing responsibilities that help grow online traffic to our websites as well as sales for Fodor’s print travel guide books. This position reports to the Sr. Community Manager and Sr. Marketing Manager.
- Lead online travel communities to encourage growth in membership and user-generated content.
- Work with community leaders and members to ensure a fantastic online experience.
- Ensure that all content on the site is compliant with community and company policy.
- Investigate technical issues reported by users, and respond promptly.
- Benchmark versus competitors and conduct competitive analysis to inform strategy.
- Develop and update training materials and documentation.
- Establish policy and arbitrate decisions in the enforcement of these policies.
- Participate in online discussions and set the appropriate community tone.
- Facilitate development of new products by producing user requirements and liaising between the online community and the product team to implement.
- Track user behavior and traffic patterns.
- Spot opportunities to improve the user experience and communicate them to the Community Manager as actionable recommendations.
- Analyze data and provide strategic insights to inform business decisions.
- Perform operative tasks including: customizing and emailing out large quantities of outreach to the broader travel community, entering metadata into the data management system.
- Grow social media followers and engagement on platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
An outstanding candidate will possess:
- A balance of analytical (data-driven), strategic, and creative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a warm and concise writing style.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proactive, willing to chip in, a team player.
- The ability to read and digest technical specifications, and make recommendations based on that knowledge.
- A passion for all things travel.
- Creativity. Friendliness. A fun, outgoing orientation to work closely within a small team of media professionals.
- Enthusiasm and a high attention to detail.
- Outstanding punctuality and attendance history.
- Interest in a career in Online Community Management.
- An active online community and social media presence.
- PC proficiency, including Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with wikis, Google Analytics, Jira, and vBulletin (a big plus).
- Familiarity with the software for content creation and editing (Photoshop, Wordpress, etc.).
- The ability to be diplomatic in resolving member disputes.
- Though not a requirement, special consideration will be given to candidates with native or advanced ability in one or more of the following languages:Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.