Business Analyst (Contract)
The role of the Business Analyst is to initiate, execute and support the development of new and revised business processes and functional requirements for the effective application of Internet Brands’ solutions and technology. This Business Analyst will work closely with the sales team and clients to elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business and functional requirements. The BA will also be responsible for gaining and maintaining a thorough understanding of offerings and providing best technical practices and knowledge to support the design and implementation of technology solutions. This may be accomplished through consulting interviews and a variety of Use Case models or modeling tools.
Additionally, Business Analysts will apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving and facilitation skills to help support the development process and ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Solution Consulting team, Architects and project sponsors to clarify/refine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to understand and assemble quality user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios and other methods.
- With the Creative team and user specialists, lead UI work flow of the project.
- Translate conceptual business requirements into functional requirements using standard templates.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Where necessary, guide the development of prototypes.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Manage requirements tracking, modifications and improvements.
- Remain connected throughout the project life-cycle to ensure the vision is maintained.
- Manage and track the status of requirements, enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Manage and communicate changes, and enhancements verbally or through written documentation, to all stakeholders.
- Ensure all new or changed requirements are signed off by client.
- Organize and lead the requirements review sessions internally and with the client.
- Contribute to the development and/or improvements in SA practices, processes and methodologies.
- Consult in the development of test strategies, scenarios, execution and support during business acceptance testing.
- Work with sales organization and clients to understand client needs, vision, project scope and design solutions.
- Create high level requirements documents appropriate to the sales phase and strategy, as required.
- Assist with responses to client proposal requests (RFIs/ RFPs/SOWs), where needed.
- Work with clients to elicit requirements and propose solutions.
- Communicate and negotiate requirement scope with client, as necessary, with input from internal delivery team.
Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Experience as a Business/Solution Analyst in a technology environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and SDLC.
- Experience with requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of business analysis methodologies and tools.
- Good understanding of PC skills and hands-on experience in creating diagrams and presentations with the Microsoft suite of products.
- Working knowledge of a variety of programming languages including JAVA, .net, HTML, an asset.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and able to exercise independent judgment, take action.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent active listening, interviewing, oral communication, documentation/writing and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with multidisciplinary teams.
- IIBA certification a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.