Java Developer Intern
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently looking for a Java / big data intern developer. The ideal candidate is either a starting Java developer with a keen interest in data, or a budding data scientist who is eager to further their Java development skills. Either way, we're looking for a self-starter who is hungry to tackle big challenges, can prioritize tasks with minimal guidance, and can communicate effectively with both technical and business personnel.
This is a very desirable opportunity to join a high-profile team in its early stages. You'll be able to participate in the team's growth across the enterprise, while you grow your own skills with the latest technology.
- Write code, review code by teammates, develop unit tests, and investigate bugs. This is a coding / engineering position.
- Contribute to performant and scalable solutions for high-volume consumer web sites, such as WebMD, CarsDirect.com, etc.
- Participate in design discussions with other engineers.
- Collaborate with other teams to help roll out solutions across the company.
- Participate in feature discussions with business personnel.
- Work alongside operations teams on deployment tooling, monitoring, logging, and DevOps.
- Proficiency with core Java technologies such as Spring Framework and Maven, or with big-data technologies such as Kafka and Spark.
- Experience with either SQL or NoSQL databases, or other data storage tools such as Hadoop.
- Experience with a version control system like Git or Subversion.
- Strong technical, design, and communication skills.
- Microscopic attention to detail.
- Self-motivation, and a strong desire to learn and master new technologies.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, mathematics, data science, electrical engineering, or equivalent work experience.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.