VP, Software Engineering
Internet Brands, Inc. is seeking a VP of Software Engineering for one of its fastest growing business units. This role’s primary responsibilities are to oversee multiple development teams, own the technical direction of the product suite, and ensure the successful delivery of product releases. Elements for success include a strong background in mentoring and providing leadership to a growing development staff, providing strong project management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage project variables, namely scope, delegation and timeline.
- Product architecture.
- Develop, mentor, train, manage and support the development team. Document and communicate project requirements.
- Manage code review and code quality improvement processes.
- Work with product and business to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Facilitate product support training and user acceptance testing.
- Perform post-implementation review of the system with the users.
- Work to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans in order to oversee completion.
- Contribute to documentation such as functional specifications, budget estimates, and timelines.
- Own and collaborate with stakeholders on platform architecture.
- Strong track record of leadership and technological innovation and success.
- Experience developing scalable consumer internet applications.
- Min. 8+ years of direct project management experience within a web application environment.
- Experience using and building SOAs.
- Working knowledge of Java, .Net, PHP or Ruby. Prior hands-on development experience required.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies. Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Unix/Linux knowledge.
- Ability to travel 1-2 weeks per month.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: VP, Vice President, Technology, Tech, Technical, Product, Internet, Web, Online