Senior Attorney / Assistant General Counsel
Internet Brands is searching for a Senior Attorney / Assistant General Counsel to help manage our growing team of attorneys and paralegals and provide hands-on legal advice and services in a wide array of our brands. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional commercial and legal judgment and be comfortable and effective partnering with senior management and business and legal stakeholders. Based in Los Angeles (El Segundo), this position will report directly to the Internet Brands General Counsel in a dynamic, high growth, acquisitive environment.
What You Will Do
- Manage legal work flows and day to day requirements with a team of 5+ attorneys and paralegals, working collaboratively with senior legal team members
- Identify legal resourcing needs and innovative solutions to address growth and scaling
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business leaders to provide practical legal counsel and advice and direct and train legal team members to provide consistent, effective business and legal solutions for strategic initiatives
- Manage and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including software licenses, data agreements and software and technology licenses, leveraging legal staff
Who You Are
- Experienced and energetic team leader who excels at developing and fostering strong team dynamics, working in a highly productive and collaborative environment
- Commercially-minded attorney with 7+ years extensive experience in a combination of law firm and in-house experience with a proven ability to manage multiple facets of the legal function in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, providing advice and guidance to senior management across multiple business lines as well as leading external communications with customers, partners and counsel
- True team player who jumps in and tackles new commercial initiatives and constantly looks for ways to improve processes
- Organized manager of others with superior business judgment and the ability to address growth and team performance in creative and effective ways
What You Need to Succeed
- Knowledge of digital or tech businesses required
- Experience in regulatory matters affecting internet businesses highly desirable
- Strong subject matter expertise in multiple legal areas in digital/SaaS, including digital content, data rights, intellectual property, complex commercial agreements, compliance
- Flexibility to travel periodically as needed
- Licensed to practice law in CA
Who We Are
Internet Brands has a unique competitive advantage through a potent combination of people, platform, and category leadership. We focus on four core verticals in which we are the proven leaders: Health, Legal, Automotive and Home / Travel, owning and operating scaled internet businesses including WebMD, Nolo, Fodors and Carsdirect. Our fully integrated vertical approach combines leading content and resources for consumers, and marketing, web presences and customer acquisition services for our corporate partners and clients. We serve more than 100,000 business clients and 250 million monthly website visitors. We employ more than 5,000 people in over 40 office locations across the globe.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position requires full-time office presence in El Segundo, CA.