Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Windows Engineer. Primary responsibilities will include technical oversight of the entire Windows infrastructure, ensuring that all relevant equipment is properly installed, configured, secured and maintained. Activities include daily administration, set-up, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, back-up and disaster recovery.
- Design, plan and implement Microsoft technologies and infrastructure systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain MS Server based virtual machines and stand-alone servers.
- Implement and administer web-based systems (IIS).
- Install and administer internal Windows File Servers and Applications.
- Automate repetitive and laborious administrative tasks and processes.
- Troubleshoot and repair Active Directory, Windows Servers, Cluster Services, DNS, Backup and other operational systems as needed.
- Perform Windows environment performance analysis and capacity planning.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies and contribute to long-range planning for system evolution.
- Recommend improvements to existing technologies to increase quality and reduce cost.
- Document strategies, designs, policies, procedures, and status using clear, consistent, and concise language.
- 2+ years experience with MS Windows Server administration (DC, DFS, DHCP, DNS, IIS), VMWare, Hyper-V, and Windows Clustering, supporting high-traffic, mission-critical systems.
- Solid knowledge of Windows Active Directory Domains integration and interaction with the network, Group Policies, Active Directory Trusts, Anti-Virus applications, Backup Exec.
- Solid knowledge of PowerShell and Scripting (please have examples).
- Knowledge of Exchange Server 2007 and 2010.
- Knowledge of Windows Automation tools, practices and techniques.
- Proven troubleshooting skills with ability to independently research and resolve problems.
- Ability to perform pro-actively and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work while supporting multiple mission critical projects.
- Ability to be on-call for assigned weekly rotation.
- BS and/or MCSE or related certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of System Center Operations and Configuration manager is a plus.
- Knowledge of network devices (switches, routers, firewalls) is a plus.
- Knowledge of storage devices (SAN, NAS, DAS) is a plus.
- Knowledge of MS SQL a plus.
- Experience in automating complex system administration tasks by using coding, scripting, or systems engineering skills
- Ability to write scripts using GAM or code using AppScript
-Ability to identify new and innovative ways to use existing toolsets to automate management, monitoring, and related processes to increase efficiency; Up-to-date with the latest features on Google Workspace
- Experience proactively finding problems and providing innovative solutions to resolve these problems
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and debugging systems and scripts; Ability to triage technical issues for timely responses
- Experience with implementing and integrating various cloud systems with Google workspace (i.e., Interoperability with MS Office 365)
-Possesses a strong ability to resolve complex project challenges by using out-of-the-box thinking, proposing ideas, and working to bring them to fruition
- Must be able to configure Google Workspace
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.