Segment Marketing Manager - Avvo
Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance. Avvo makes that easy with online profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers and high quality legal content on an optimized website at scale. We connect those in need of legal services to attorneys with specialties in the area of need.
Avvo is looking for an experienced results-driven online marketer to help grow our business in the attorney segment and legal vertical. This job is for you if you understand how to identify, study and understand customer segments, and launch campaigns to drive growth. You are passionate about asking questions, deeply understanding segments, taking informed risks and have experience using online market strategies to help find what works. You are a motivated self-starter that can rely on your own skills but collaborate in a cross-functional environment.
What you will do in this role:
- Develop a deep understanding of our segments by directing desired research, studying existing data and customer behaviors, asking questions, collaborating with Sales, and listening to our customers.
- Create an audience-focused marketing plan for our customer segments that supports new product launches, drives incremental subscriber growth, and builds increased value for our existing business customers.
- Understand the competitive landscape and use that to formulate our differentiation and battle cards for effective sales conversations with our customers.
- Work with product management leaders and others to identify targeting opportunities, to understand how our products are used by customers, and to be an advocate for potential new products to fill our customers’ needs.
- Build or provide direction on the creation of marketing and launch plans, positioning materials, value propositions, collateral and other sales tools to be prescriptive about selling.
- Work closely with other marketing peers and cross-functional stakeholders to create or lead the development of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Drive new lead generation, retention and customer engagement through a variety of tactics such as webinars, emails, landing page optimization, social media, content and other marketing communications.
- Develop, implement and optimize email programs. This includes creating and editing email templates, targeting and list management, and implementation in automated email platforms.
- Manage the email campaign process from start to finish including planning, conceptualization, content creation, creative development, set-up, review, QA, deployment and reporting.
- Proactively track, monitor, analyze and optimize campaign performance.
- Continuously track and communicate performance and learnings. Be a leader in creating methods to determine marketing attribution and impact on the business.
- Keep all relevant stakeholders updated and aware of upcoming initiatives and performance of active campaigns. Build strong relationships with Sales and seek to understand needs.
- 5+ years of related experience in marketing, preferably in a segment or product marketing capacity and executing integrated campaigns.
- Detail oriented and organized, with the ability to quickly troubleshoot and analyze work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable creating content that will be published across various mediums (blogs, email, or landing pages).
- Email marketing experience, including the ability to develop emails, troubleshoot coding and rendering issues, testing and optimization.
- Experience working with email marketing automation platforms such as ExactTarget, Pardot, HubSpot or similar.
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM platform preferred.
- Google Analytics or similar preferred.
- Ability and desire to examine data and research; turn opportunities from these insights into actionable plans that drive growth and serve customers.
- Experienced with Excel and manual data analysis.
- Experience in high paced, high volume multitasking role and environments.
- Passionate, inquisitive and self-motivated individual yet enjoys collaborating and working together with all levels.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.