Project Management Intern
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a bright, motivated Project Management Intern to support the development of various web based software projects.
You will work with a team of talented engineers and web professionals who are passionate about the web and where it's going. This is a great opportunity for students or recent graduates to learn the ins and outs of building great web products in a fast-paced, growing company.
The ideal candidate will either have degree in computer science (or related) or is working towards one. Ideally also looking for candidates with experience building websites or has a solid understanding of how websites work.
- Help to manage software project elements from conception through launch.
- Participate in iteration planning.
- Help with requirements gathering.
- Coordinate with other site teams on projects.
- Ensure there’s a strong pipeline of work for the engineers.
- Help break down business requirements into tangible work for the engineers.
- Ensure projects are implemented according to requirements.
- Keep the team and other constituents up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Help to resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Passion for the web, social media, mobile, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Must enjoy solving problems using analytical and creative skills.
- Able to plan work, organize time, and maintain workflow.
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Involved with delivering a technical project a plus.
- HTML, CSS, Adobe creative suite a plus.
- Programming experience a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.