Global Service Desk Manager
Internet Brands and WebMD are currently looking for a Global Service Desk Manager to join our Los Angeles based headquarters. The Global Service Desk Manager is responsible for professionally and efficiently managing and developing the Service Desk function and associated processes, practices, and procedures. They will develop support methodology globally and coordinate global resources.
- Effectively manage, develop and train the global service desk team which provides the critical role of being first point of escalation for end user IT issues, managing end user expectations, collaborating with end users and IT support groups, and resolving end user issues.
- Ensure the service desk team provides courteous and consistent service, communicate effectively with end users, and take ownership of the assigned issues and requests.
- Ensure processes used by the service desk are properly documented and monitored and regularly audited for accuracy and improvements for effective use and compliance.
- Analysis and publication of the service desk team’s performance to appropriate parties as well as regular review of those reports with the service desk team and IT management team.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, including the service desk and other technical teams, that are involved in Service Desk operations.
- Manage and provide oversight of contractors providing local helpdesk support for remote sites.
- Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support within the organization. Advise on situations that may require additional support or escalation within IT or the wider business.
- Ensure compliance to security policies, standards and guidelines as defined by the Information Security Governance Council.
- Manage the IT purchasing process including creating purchase requests and coding invoices.
- Balance workloads across teams and agents to maximize productivity, minimize costs and ensure SLA compliance.
- Administration of Google Suite including adding/deleting users and troubleshooting problems.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of related technical and managerial experience in an end-to-end service desk and desk side service delivery environment.
- Thorough understanding of setting strategic vision for a service desk department and ability to set long-term direction of the team.
- Experience tracking projects and expenses
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- Experience managing vendors including reviewing contracts and managing renewals.
- Experience managing helpdesk contractors.
- Must be detailed oriented and hands-on, specifically with executives
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for service management.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.