General Manager / Business Operations Leader
Internet Brands is looking for a leader to drive the revenue growth, consumer marketing, business operations, profitability and future direction of one of our rapidly growing businesses.
The ideal candidate is a team-oriented hands-on leader with a keen business sense and a demonstrated track record of growing B2C revenue. Someone who takes an innovative and analytical approach to consumer marketing and business operations. And a team player who likes a fast paced environment, embraces change and wants to join a company with significant growth potential.
Experience preferred: healthcare, legal services, social services, or other mission-driven industries where consumer advocacy is a focus.
- Provide leadership across all parts of the business and manage teams responsible for day-to-day business operations including consumer marketing, case management, customer service and technology.
- Build expert-level understanding of the contingency-based industry; develop strategies to profitably grow our leadership position and revenue
- Own and fully manage P&L
- Lead efforts to attract, nurture, qualify and convert qualified consumers leveraging digital marketing and predictive analytics.
- Drive the operational optimization of the advocacy business by balancing marketing investment, customer service, case management and ancillary revenue streams.
- Drive innovation within the business by using technology to reduce marketing costs, improve customer conversion and optimize case management
- Develop and manage operational budgets, and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis. Establish metrics for the business to drive decisions.
- Provide day-to-day management of local and remote teams; foster a culture of teamwork, innovation, and high performance.
- Collaborate with operations, marketing, and product leaders to maximize our leadership position, leverage consumer relationships, and grow revenue
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in growing revenue and profit for a B2C business.
- Experience managing call center operations highly desired.
- Ability to interact with and to develop relationships with a diverse group of personnel ranging from senior executives to customer service reps to attorneys.
- Strong business sense – an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Analytical – demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, track those parts, and manage activities to completion.
- Excellent communication skills – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Team Player – able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships, and share knowledge.
- Bachelors degree; MBA a plus.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.