Digital Media Campaign Strategist
Internet Brands is searching for a Digital Media Campaign Strategist. The Digital Media Campaign Strategist (Digital MCS) is a client-facing role responsible for managing the overall execution and health of our client’s portfolio of regional and national digital media campaigns by focusing on efficiency of spend and maximizing defined KPIs. In partnership with our client’s media agencies, they work with the client from creation of the Digital Media Plan through contracting, implementation strategies, launch and optimizations throughout the life of the campaign. The Digital MCS needs to have excellent client communication skills and be responsible for guiding the client experience through various milestones. This role requires a strong understanding of Paid Search, Paid Display, Video and Paid Social, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is also required.
The Digital Media Campaign Manager plays a crucial role in proactive campaign management and must have an in-depth understanding of the client’s business objectives and marketplace to maximize returns them. They will be responsible for collaborating with internal groups, partner media agencies as well as our client in the management strategy to holistically achieve the client’s goals. This individual must strive to provide the highest quality of work in the quickest, most cost-effective manner.
In this role you will:
- Develop in-depth understanding of client needs and establish a cohesive, trusting relationship.
- Research and develop strategy and digital media plans for clients; identify target audience; recommend budgets and ideal media channels.
- Write and deliver digital media plans to client.
- Conduct conference calls with clients and media partners regarding campaign performance and recommended modifications for improved campaign performance.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to manage projects and pace through establishing rapport and deadlines; ensure all best practices are being implemented Draft ad copy and present to client for approval.
- Initiate campaign set-up and workflow for tracking tags with media partners.
- Manage creative development and client approval process.
- Establish deadlines for various components in order to achieve the completed projects by designated due date.
- Identify and develop media opportunities to drive traffic, increase reach, acquire new customers, and increase sales.
- Serve as subject matter expert in aspects of paid media: social, search, video and display.
- Collaborate with internal digital marketing team members and external agencies to develop and manage digital marketing campaigns including email, CPC/CPA programs, paid search, SEO, display, video, mobile and social.
- Work with internal teams and external agencies to identify opportunities to achieve media efficiencies and then work with these same and other stakeholders to capture the efficiencies.
- Proactively develop external partnerships and support contract negotiations with external partners and/or vendors to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the digital marketing investments.
- Provide budget oversight and project management of campaigns.
- Track performance of digital marketing campaigns and KPIs.
- Provide campaign reporting that includes actionable insights and optimization plans to business leaders.
- Own the development and continued upkeep of client strategy throughout the lifecycle of campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years’ experience in digital Media, Media Planning, Tier 1 to 3 automotive sales, Analytics, and Project Management.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, remain organized, adapt to shifting priorities, and complete work consistently by or before agreed upon deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages for the audience.
- Strong quantitative skills, particularly managing and developing associates in this skill set.
- High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction.
- Minimum of 2 years in a client facing role, with a demonstrated passion for innovation, strategy, thinking outside of the box and establishing positive customer relationships, every time.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with successful management of projects through organization, multi-tasking, prioritization, communication, and time management skills.
- Experience in Google Analytics and Google Adwords required; Google Adwords Certified a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with ad tags, basic HTML and rich media.
- Ability to evaluate data trends, understand and evaluate budget/results, upsells, margins and KPIs and other numeric data effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm, and both demonstrate and motivate strategic thinking.
- Proficient in MS Office, with an expertise in MS Excel and Powerpoint.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer